View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 08:56 PM   #6
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight
Default Re: Vertex BETA vrofl Difficulty Level (hypothetical)

I gave vrofl a rating of 255 in reference to that value being a hard limit in 8-bit computing (and as such being the max value for a number of things in a lot of video games, pac man kill screen probably being the most famous). With the introduction of files rated 0, it seemed to be a good fit completing the 0-255 8-bit byte range.

The AAA equivalency formula is quite flawed (and I won't bother rehashing my opinions on how to fix it again since I don't believe much work is being done on that front atm) but without any data on other charts even remotely approaching the difficulty of vrofl, it's pointless to try and discern what its true rating should be (though if you had fun sure ok go nuts all the power to u).

In addition, nearly all the top scores on vrofl are nowhere near optimized. Most players give it a couple runs and call it quits indefinitely. When that could possibly result in cutting off several hundreds of raw goods from their scores, it becomes even more pointless to find its true rating since accurate scoring data is quite influential in determining where a file's difficulty lies.

edit: it would appear this is not my laptop I'm posting from and as such not my account oops sorry magdaddio

Last edited by DarknessXoXLight; 07-26-2018 at 08:57 PM..
DarknessXoXLight is offline   Reply With Quote