View Single Post
Old 07-6-2018, 08:03 PM   #8
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Entropy Gain for per-receptor NPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
What I think would be interesting is to get a few players together and make two chart with various patterns in it - one set of simpler patterns and one set with more complex patterns (jump jacks and handstream, etc).

Have each player submit scores on different rates of the chart and plot the decline in scores as the rate increases until they reach a point of just mashing. Use math then to determine the relative difficulty of certain patterns over others.

Using this method, you'd be able to compare "160 BPM handstream vs 190 BPM Jumpstream" for example, or "jumpstream with mini-jacks vs jumpstream without them." Using multiple players will help reduce player ability bias.
The idea is good but there's one critical point that makes it not work: you have to extract all the patterns from a file, at various speeds. This is far from a trivial task and I do not think I can achieve such a model tbh. Your concept kinda goes in the direction of fully unsupervised with very few attributes to output some regression. It's not really doable I would think.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote