View Single Post
Old 07-1-2018, 12:22 PM   #16
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Nerfed MANIERA chart should be created

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Though there are exceptions, FFR's chart creation process isn't intrinsically focused around making a chart for X difficulty; rather, it's about making a chart that actually fits the music with a proper layering or stepping structure, and if a different difficulty is desired then typically a different song is chosen. Where games like IIDX have depth for given songs with multiple difficulties, FFR is relatively shallow for songs but have a larger breadth, covering a wider range of songs; this is a fairly defined characteristic at this point, and one that works well based on how the community works. As well, FFR's chart submission process is much more arduous and selective than the notion of anyone making a chart for similar games like Stepmania and Osu.

To be blunt, if you want a different difficulty of a song, I recommend you reach out to, or play, games such as Osu!Mania or Stepmania.

I'm going to echo my good friend ilikexd here, who if you didn't notice actually stepped the version of MANIERA currently in the game, because chances are he knows more about what makes for a good and proper chart, and one that should be in FFR, than a large majority of the community, definitely including both myself and you.

I don't think a lower level chart for it is a good idea. The light/heavy splits that are actually in the game currently are for good reason, and are fringe cases, and this definitely would not be one of those cases.
vowed