View Single Post
Old 03-6-2018, 03:37 PM   #5
midnghtraver
Icarus Moth
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Mastering and EQ

The cut on your reese bass at 20 suggests that you have another sub underneath it, it wouldn't hurt to add one, you could also pull the cut on that reese bass up from 20 if you add a second sub.

The sounds you are using are clean and I don't think the muddiness is coming from your processing. The issues I hear in your segment are all mixing. Your drum track is being eaten by the low mids and lows in your synth, that might be a compression issue with the drums, a sidechain issue (experiment with different ways of sidechaining), an eq issue with the synth or all three. Even just turning the synth down a little and the drums up would accomplish quite a bit.

Is there anything on your master chain? The whole song sounds a little squashed as well, if you have a limiter on the master it might be pushing too hard or all of your premaster tracks might just be too loud.

I would go through individual tracks and sweep through the EQ range with a sharp boost and find the frequencies that you don't like and add a more specific dip to them.

Like, sweep band 6 up and down until you identify the gross shit. The resonance on your EQ curves is really soft right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2069 View Post
What videogame is that btw
FL hate lol

Last edited by midnghtraver; 03-7-2018 at 11:35 AM..
midnghtraver is offline   Reply With Quote