View Single Post
Old 01-3-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
Wh1teh
FFR Player

Default Beginner pack project for keyboard play

Henlo,

I have noticed that there is much confusion when it comes to guiding new players on what to play.
Sometimes people tell them to play pad files, sometimes other games such as osu!mania.
I think it would be beneficial for everyone if there was a really obvious choice for real beginners, who have never played a rhythmgame/vsrg in their life, to pick up.
That's why I making a pack that is focused on files which are able to propel new players to a level where they are able to play Stepping Stones, VGMP, etc.

The pack will contain 150 charts, only one difficulty per song, arranged by difficulty in the song list.
This is to prevent any confusion and not to overwhelm new players with too many choices mixed together seemingly randomly.

Alpha v2, this is only to test the waters with the ratings:
https://mega.nz/#!WtUUVKyK!EAdOmO8_W...klgysVwuBw9MSc

Submissions should be sent by pm on FFR or Discord.

Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Submission guidelines:
- No hard files (duh). Check the jenova file in the example folder, that should be around the absolute highest difficulty for the pack (I might even cut that out of the pack if it starts to stick out too much).
Aim to make files that are a lot easier tho, around the level of freestyler and easier.
- Has to be properly synced.
- No fancy color theory gracenote minedodge xmod madness files thanks.
- Should preferably be 1-3 minutes long. A bit over or under shouldn't hurt too much.
- No flavor of the month meymeys. We should aim to make this pack "timeless" in the sense that new players don't instantly uninstall stepmania after seeing some burnt out meme from 5 years ago.
- Resteps allowed, even encouraged, as using old gfx saves time immensely.
- One difficulty per song.
- Variety of different music is appreciated.
- No nsfw songs/gfx. If you have to think twice about it, it's probably nsfw.
- The only gfx required is your cdtitle.
- No limit on submissions, but too many of same difficulty charts might get cut.
- No .dwi or .ssc files, just .sm.
- Only 4K charts.

Help would be appreciated in some areas:
- Rating and arranging the song list by difficulty when we reach 150 songs.
- Making gfx, or permissions from people to use their old gfx for resteps.
- Perhaps some general comments/thoughts from people who are experienced with stepping beginner files.
- A banner for the pack, name is going to be Easy Songs Megapack.

Deadline 24th jan, or whenever we have enough songs.

My discord is Wh1teh#6367

Last edited by Wh1teh; 01-18-2018 at 12:34 AM..
Wh1teh is offline   Reply With Quote