View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #13
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 365 Reviews Done

Day 391: Harry Styles by Harry Styles (Album Choice: szafira)

I love to rash on One Direction because they suck, they're blandly sugary and they're corporately soulless. However, I've heard a stupid amount about how surprisingly good and "mature" this album is.

I don't know what these people meant by "mature" but I hope they weren't talking about the lyrics. Garbage all across the board, horrible horrible horrible. The variance in arrangements here is nice though, as the grab-bag approach made for a few enjoyable tracks here and there, scattered throughout a bunch of bullshit. The "pretty" ballads mostly suck out of how bland they are, especially lyrically, whereas the more arena-esque songs seem to be taking on a glammy, sexual approach and mostly make you cringe, especially the deplorable Woman.

Not to harp only on the bad, I thoroughly enjoyed Carolina and Only Angel as dumb fun, and both Ever Since New York and the last track are actually enjoyable as pussyboy tracks. They're not fantastic, but they're definitely listenable. I also don't wanna deny that the man can sing and sing well. However, regarding songwriting, the rest of this album can go fuck itself. Better than One Direction, but that's like saying a yeast infection is better than late-stage syphilis. Great fucking job.

Best Track: Ever Since New York
Rating: 4/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote