View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Current State of TWG Poll

I've long advocated for the Moderators getting alts thing -- I don't think that mods would maliciously abuse the system, but it's still a mechanical advantage over regular users and should be addressed asap.

I'm really bummed to hear that the "viewing xxx post" thing can't be resolved. If we wanted to be really rigorous we would move to another forum format, but I don't think this is generally a good idea because we will almost guaranteed lose people in the translation to a new forum. (In this case I am willing to compromise rigor for higher participation)

Lastly, I think there need to be rules for player replacement. Ideally, there should be maximum transparency between the players of the game and the rules of the game. (i.e. the players of either alignment should not be forced to "guess" when/if a player will be replaced in the game). In particular, currently the timing of replacements is fairly arbitrary, which makes it extremely difficult for wolves to plan for future phases, especially given the meta on FFRTWG of "replacements are off the table for the phase they replace in". If the wolves can turn to a list of rules for replacements, such as "players will be replaced after xxx hours of not posting without informing the mod", this increases the transparency of the game mechanics for all players, since they don't have to wrangle with this kind of uncertainty.

I agree that players talking about replacing out should be punished/modkilled. This kind of talk introduces a really unpleasant dimension to the game and provides almost no real benefit.

I have no opinion about phase times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote