View Single Post
Old 12-7-2016, 08:54 AM   #140
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: The Etterna Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHB View Post
Would it be possible to implement .dwi support for the new build? A lot of old files still use .dwi and not sure whether converting all of them would take less time.
so i poked around with this for a little bit and here's what I came up with; upon first moving a file/pack with only dwi files into your songs folder the game reads the dwi and converts them into .sm and drops them into their respective songs folders

this process somehow manages to engage the calculator and properly cache the file without properly storing the results into the steps object, so when the theme tries to index the difficulties from the songs objects in memory there's an access violation crash

on your subsequent load the files will instead be loaded from cache and they should work fine, even if you have caching disabled the game will search for the .sm it wrote to load from first before deferring to dwi

tl;dr restarting the game should fix it and the files should be supported and i'll try to fix whatever is causing the crash (easiest way is just to initialize calculator results to 0s), if the game crashes after subsequent loads then there's a bigger problem which i can't reproduce

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-7-2016 at 08:56 AM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote