View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #1581
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
mellon has at least shown willingness to share, show what she's thinking...
And I did this in my longer posts without being pressured into doing it.

Examples:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Note: I wrote this last night using my phone to read. The numbers are the post I am responding to / discussing / idea shooting on.

I will not add links in before posting this. This will be a literal copy paste.

1153:

RB I don't think shooting you has any value both mechanically nor overall. You haven't done anything scummy imho. You're not like HOLY FUCK TOWNIEST OF TOWNS but certainly every person on that list (except maybe mellon) gives us more information to work with than you. Short hand is shooting you is not in best interest of town.

1154:

I really don't think me being in that list is nearly as important as your post in specific makes it sound. I earnestly have to think that maybe you're borrowing something out of Haku's entrance to the game though if you're still actually thinking Charu is a good shot. I am not a mechanics oriented player by any stretch (in fact I think this is a rare post where I feel comfortable even touching on them slightly) but there's only one fucking time I think shooting Charu is acceptable, and that is an absolute train wreck of a counter claim that makes him look like text book shit. You can call this sucking up to the bird if you'd like but no really, if I were the vigi I'd heavily consider shooting YOU for suggesting this.

That said if SK kills him in the night (LOL) feel free to without question use that shot on me. I deserve it at that point.

1156:

The issue is that more players are feeling you're town than the ones who see you as scummy or null. Shooting you would benefit maybe me and another player. I again don't object to shooting you, but in terms of what gives us the most to use, the only person on that list worth shooting maybe a little less is mellon.

Short hand is I still am watching you, but everyone else seems to think you're fine. We'll roll with that unless some others drift or I can make a better case about it. Which actually I can't because even I have to admit I think you're doing a lot better.

1165:

Actually this post is part of the reasoning I'm more comfortable not putting you into that list dude.

1157 / 1162:

LOL CHARU CALM DOWN.

on DFR voting Mellon /post 1177 makes me bring this up:

I feel the pressure on mellon is a tad less genuine. Is that just me? Like it's not quite "bad" pressure, but it does feel really forced to meet the requirements of pleasing our feathery friend.

1180:

I also agree that lynching shado here is bad. Best thing we can do is discuss and take advantage of his shot as best we can. I'm actually curious since you're a really mechanic focused player, who would you shoot right now? Your opinion is probably a different than mine.

I wanna touch on this post again later, most likely. Naggeth remind me maybe if you feel obligated. <3

1184:

Read list go over party time extravaganza xel get on with it and stop typing things I feel I have to read because they might be important oh god no why is this joke in here come on xel yer supposed to be serious now wtf mate you bastard is there a typo in here I imagine there is other than a lack of any deviation of punctuation what so ever:

Haku: I agree with your statement about early game but not quiteeeeee for the same reasoning. I don't think the interactions with me are QUITE one sided as earlier they were more both, but him riding me is fine I think. His posting has GREATLY improved lately so even I'm beginning to see it as he just sucks more dick than a penny whore at entering a game.

Zenith: ... We have seen a deal of reads and discussion from him. People just kinda aren't interacting with him the best? HEY ZENITH ANSWER THE QUESTION I ASKED @1180?

DFR: I actually am not too sure I agree with leaning him town instead of null, for reasoning I said earlier about the mellon push. (Which btw I didn't mention, was a somewhat MEH push.)

Charu is a snivey. Not a useless fucking charizard.

Precarious: I kinda am not fond of the mechanics focus, but to that end it is a very different POV than say me, who uses their gut more than any issues with mechanics.

Bitchy: I need to see a d1 post before I'll throw him out of the null pile.

Me: You have to tread through shit sometimes. TOUGH. SHIT. FREN.

Mellon: agree her response to dfr is ok

Oh, and I'm not forgetting anyone. I left one out and roundbox is either absent or I'm actually wrong, and did forget someone.

1188:

Man as far as aggression goes, I haven't gone that direction in a while. My issue lately with that is that it turns into just me trolling them and people brushing it off (as they should maybe, I dunno.) So I'm playing this super middle ground place where my trolly stuff is in the jokes. Except when telling wolfe how to play his role. (HAH.)

1193:

Read list go over party time extravaganza xel get on with it and stop typing things I feel I have to read because they might be important oh god no why is this joke in here come on xel yer supposed to be serious now wtf mate you bastard is there a typo in here I imagine there is other than a lack of any deviation of punctuation what so ever: V2

Haku: I think the best way for you to solidify a read on Haku is to ignore any notions of post counts meaning anything and just dig through pure content and ignore the question of Mechanics. Haku's been gone from TWG outside the turbo for a while (I THINK?!) So I'm not sure apply mechanical analysis of what he'd play like is quite the best idea? I dunno if that makes any sense but that's kinda why I'm in the state on him I'm in.

Zenith: I can see this for what I stated in the last one.

Wolfe: Not rly worth doing this one a second time.

DFR: I feel it's more of a loss of momentum? I'd love to see him just SPAM thoughts on the whole game in one great wall of post.

Charu is a snivey. Not a useless FUCKING. CHARIZARD.

RB: Just noticed I think juckster missed him actually. I forget he's here WHICH IS DUMB BECAUSE I KNOW HE MADE GOOD D0 POSTS AHHHHHHHHHH. I'll prob spend the night reading them or doing this at work on lunch.

Botchi: see above

Juck: Fair POV, but do you think with more activity he'd be a stronger town or do you think maybe he's feigning?

Mellon: I think Mellon tends to be one of the more quiet players (especially compared to say funnygurl?) Not sure if that's true 100% or if that helps.

Me: o.o

1199:

OH SHIT WOLFE WITH THE FIRE. Would love to see a good response to this tbh. Hopefully here when I got to post this.

Guess I'll drop a list (Least lynch-able -> I'd lynch / shoot)

Charu
Wolfe
Precar
round

haku
juck
dfr / mellon

botchi
dbp

I'd probably lynch from the bottom, and shoot from the middle here. Reasoning is I cannot stress that I accept I am probably wrong here somewhere. I think shooting from the null pile then lynching a player is the most optimal because we can adjust better. (Assuming we plan on using this shot today.)
Quote:
Holy fuck Charu

You should try one of my quote heavy rereads of a person and see if that helps you (assuming you can get to a PC because it's SO MUCH easier when you have context for the quotes.)

How he transitioned to playing good is curious tho

lol

I'm not sure I follow this properly tbh.

My mind has changed on packback a bit in that he still hasn't come back the way I was speculating he would. I expected a hard hitting post when he came bnack and decided talking about something non twg related was better?

We can talk about it more after you finish your full "proper" iso, but I am not sure what this pocket you refer to is about if I'm honest with you. I know it has to be me trying to pocket charu, but I don't think anything I said in this game leads to that possibility. If it's that i think discussing Charu is pointless, it's because it is till later in the game both logically and mechanically. And that'd really only be the case imho if charu either got counter claimed or was leading all the lynches and nabbed the cop or the vengeful / 1 shot.

I dunno if that's important to say or not.

Shooting Zenith is bad, you're much better off shooting me than Zenith, look at the work that man's putting in fam.

Shooting Charu is a shit idea because of Charu as a player. If this were a discussion on Tokzic, I'd actually be behind you and saying do it. Maybe even if it was Xiz. But Charu is a player that despite trolling puts winning first, and I don't think what Charu said in post one as a scum oriented role is a winning tactic, and is such a small chance of being one, that charu would never take it, unless he REALLY wanted a challenging game. Also every possibility as a shot is again the wrong interpretation. It should be "what shot benefits the rest of my comrades, and when?"

I think your best shots are in this pile AND ONLY this pile.

5. danceflashgun (danceflashrevo)
9. DaKnapsack (DaBackpack)
12. ho246 (botchi246)
13. Sell?Nah (XelNya)
14. Lucker1 (Juckter1)
15. melanxcholy (mellonxcollie)
I'd only justify a Zenith shot is if he fails to deliver the rest

And to be frank I think the best three are probably: dbp, me and melon pending dfr pressure response.

I can go into the zenith being bad when I get home but let's just say he's taking the whole perspective of town in with his isos, no players are being left alone in other words.
You've been told where I stand without me being pressured into it, more than once.

I've even somewhat buried some thoughts into the game to

Quote:
One more before I go to shower:

Huh, did you come to the conclusion I came to but haven't said yet? (I think someone else is there too, I'll have to recheck though.)
WoO!

Quote:
I can hardly wait.