View Single Post
Old 10-1-2016, 04:46 PM   #62
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR
Default Re: The Presidential Debates

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMe90 View Post
Can you rationally parse out this statement without: 1) defaulting to irony; 2) sounding like an idiot; and 3) not making a false equivalency between trump and hillary?

I mean I get that you basically just said trump is 10x worse than hillary, but those are meaningless, emotionally charged quantifiers, and I doubt you could come up with comparable quantifiers relating to johnson and hillary that would be convincing.
you're right, hillary is probably 100 times better than trump.

trump is a fucking moron. full stop.

hillary suffers from an excess of hubris.

the email scandal is a real thing. a normal person may not have gone to jail either, but they definitely would have lost their security clearance. it's not like she did something purposefully harmful, but what she did was stupid, reckless, and her response shows that she clearly thinks that she is above the law. she did finally apologize during the debate, which was a long time coming.

i've listened to some of the congressional hearings with the IT people that worked for her, and you can tell that republicans are trying to trump things up (they always focus on the fact that she had her old phones destroyed with a hammer, which is silly of them since there are better ways to make her look bad) but there are some serious problems with how she handled this. that much is clear.

gary johnson is a libertarian, which means i agree with him on about half of everything.

his policy on global warming is definitely one of the things that i dont agree with, but he's not a science denier which means that he meets my minimum requirements. also he seems like a person who could be reasoned with.

he doesnt have any huge skeletons in his closet, and i think that republicans would be more likely to come to compromises with him than they would with hillary because they hate hillary.

it's clear that hillary is more interested in doing what's best for herself, and not what's best for the party or the country. too much hubris by half.

i'm obviously going to vote for her because i'm a pragmatist, but i'm not terribly happy about it.