View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #17
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: What's public transit like where you live?

NYC here.

Public transit can get a lot of shit here because everything looks somewhat run down (with the exception of newer stuff like the Fulton transit center) and it can get crowded depending on where you are going, but overall I love the convenience.

There are subway lines everywhere and they run frequently, despite being an older system. If you don't like the subway, then you can always use a bus. If you need to cross the river, there are bridges, underground subway lines, ferries, etc.

And if you want to visit a neighboring city, it's usually just a quick train/bus ride away. You can easily get to areas like Boston, DC, Philly, etc.

I've almost never needed a car while living here (and when I do, I just rent Zipcar for the day). Sometimes I'll call an Uber if a line is down somewhere that would make pubic transit too inconvenient that day.

But yeah the public transit is convenient here. It's really freeing -- I prefer it to living situations where you need a car to get around or else you're fucked. I'd also prefer not to deal with the hassle of buying a car, paying for maintenance, worrying about parking, paying for gas, etc.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 09-18-2016 at 12:32 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote