View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 06:42 PM   #416
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

Grab the Crystal Popcorn! (bmah)
These minijacks totally destroyed me. I never expected to see Spyro music in Stepmania, but there it is! And it somehow works :O I liked the part with the guitar

Goon Twins (Nullifidian)
This song is TOUGH omg. I barely passed it. It gets more fun every time I play it

God's Garden (MacGravel)
Nope, I can't vibrate fast enough for the oni chart, just in case you were wondering xD It's surprising the number of Atelier Iris song in these vgmp packs. I really have to check that series out.

Go! Go! Novice Alchemist (Dj_Ossa)
Just plain old fun. It was great!

Go Forth! Great Fox (Ferrari)
OH YES THAT SONG
What I preferred about this chart was the jack usage. I think you made a terrific job with these. Your style is just so smoooooth, love it.

Get Jinxed (XelNya)
AWESOME song xel. I feel this will especially be a great song for middle-range players. This chart is polished, fun, to the point and just great!

Gerudo Valley (Cedolad & MarioNintendo)
nice job cedo, thanks for making this chart possible <33333333333

Gear Getaway (MarioNintendo)
feel the groove babeh

Gaze Out Over the Sea (Dj_Ossa)
SHEEEEESSsssh that beginning was something else, man. Your song choices are consistent, haha, I feel a theme going on :P Not my favorite stepping style, but style, lots of fun in its own right! The patterns are certainly mean, but not "evil" per se. That's a good thing!

Gamma Quadrant (Tsuka)
That's one random song choice... star trek?? 0_o haha! Brilliant!
I don't know how you managed to do this, but the flow was really great here. I somehow managed to hit no mine and only miss 2 holds out of 144! Great job, dude!

Fullmetal Fighter (Kommisar)
aw yeah I'm finally good enough at this game to enjoy Kommisar files to their full extent \o/ yay me, that was really fun!!

Frontier Brain (Scylaax)
For some reason, I reaaaally loved that hold with all the mines next to it!! The jumpstream was way to fast for me, but I feel it's not the last time I play this file, oh no!

Flight of the Battery (MacGravel & Tsuka)
So much respect for you guys. This was an AWESOME xmod file. Everything was telegraphed: I sightread AA this on my first try. It always felt fair, and the gimmicks were all super tight! Thanks for keeping the xmod art real. This is awesome. Top 5 contender, easily

First and Last (Kraezymann)
Unbelievably clean. I think that 8 years ago, if I was given this file, I would have played it nonstop. This file is simply great, by and large. New players are in for a real treat. Top 5 contender for me!
Also, whoops, I was still on xmod xD The slowdowns took me by surprise, but they were a really nice touch! Genius file.

Fire Volcano (hi19hi19)
This drumming reminds me of a similar part in Roundabout by Yes in Rock Band 3. Surprisingly enjoyable song, given that the music samply didn't appeal to me that much. Thanks for this!

Final Boss (hi19hi19)
Nazo^2, hi19 you pulled my heartstrings. I love this song and chart. <33333333

Final Battle! (Rival) (hi19hi19)
This song simply could not have been handled better. The low-rez sound, mixed with the classic-style streams simply are a recipe for success to me. The nostalgia is super high, not in terms of pokemon, but in terms of Stepmania. Thanks for this. While I don't believe this chart is particularly amazing or innovative, in terms of sheer fun, it wins my heart, and I have to count it as a Top 5 contender!

Fighting of the Spirit Arrange V2 (Gundam-Dude)
The beginning dick-sync guitar caught my attention like few charts have before. Loved it! Can't say I loved the middle dick-synced part as much, but that might be because I simply sucked at it :P With all that said, it's simply a well-rounded, well made chart. I'll definitely play it again. I love your hold usage, I have to learn how you do it!

Fiercest Train (Nullifidian)
3 words:
TOP FIVE CONTENDER HOLY SHIT

Fantastic Theater (Antronach)
Antronatch: my boy, you can STEP! I'm a bit sad that you were a bit lenient on the rhythms right at the beginning of the file. I think you could've followed the rhythm of the trumpets more closely without impacting negatively the file or difficulty.

WITH THAT SAIIIIIIIIIIID.....

I think this file is essential for this pack, mostly for new players. It's going to be that file which is just barely too hard for them at first, but that since it grooves so much they'll want to get better at it just so they can hear the full song. I'm glad this file is in the pack, your song choice here was impeccable. Top five contender: not for the MN of today, but for the MN of 8 years ago, and all the new players to come.

Factory Stage (cedo)
To me, the song I most instantly recognized out of all the MvsC2 songs (except for take you 4 a ride, but that one isn't even in the pack!). Stepped super super great, LOVE IT!

Escape of the Infidels (hi19hi19 & mina)
Holy SHIT I got trolled 10/10
Thank god for the easy difficulty lmao

Dynamite Plant ~ Try Again (bmah)
I didn't see that file while scrolling? maybe I reviewed it earlier under a different name and didn't remember

Dragon Slayer (dub)
DAMN DUB YOU ON FIRE
I gotta check out the Rayman Legends OST asap, you make me realize that. You're awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote