View Single Post
Old 09-7-2016, 10:45 PM   #203
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san
Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
more reviews :3

First of all thanx.
Where should I start.. To begin with I'll say one thing. Song Choice.

Since I was so desperate to know how other people sync'd it,
I went through files from the past, I still gatta find Zaghurim's version,
and honestly none of the versions were bad, but I found out every version was offsync lol

As far as the colors. Believe it or not, it wasn't intentional at all. The song itself naturally had offsetted instruments. But when I first threw it in FFR queue, ppl were impressed by the ''color theory'' that I didn't mean to do. So I decided to go with it and change the bpm's back and forth
between the piano and guitar solo's.

Was recommended to use 32nds for the non streamy parts since the notes were closer to them.

The xylophones are actually 64ths and offsetted from the percussion. I did slightly tweak the bpm but Im pretty sure its naturally off.
Edit: now tht Im relooking at these, some of them look closer to 24ths lol Im gunna kms with this song

So yea tl;dr this song was the embodiment of color theory, I just tried my best at charting it.

Difficulties.
To be real, the difficulties are not that different at all.
My major issue with the file was how spikey the difficulty was between the streams and the bursts/jacks.

I felt, for players who can hit those jacks and bursts at ease will find the streams boring.
But at the same time, I didnt want to layer the percussion on the entire thing since it would force less unique patterns. so I resulted in adding difficulties that water down the obnoxious sections to the point where the easiest version doesn't have jacks/bursts at all.

once again thanx man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
~~My totally relevant and well put together reviews (pt 3)~~
Johnny C. Bad
thnx for the input! this thing is honestly still WIP and I will consider looking into a different scheme of PR hoping to find something tht flows better.

Last edited by Buta-san; 09-7-2016 at 10:57 PM..
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote