View Single Post
Old 09-6-2016, 05:58 PM   #112
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

I'll review files starting from the end! I played the highest difficulty all the time (if I can't pass highest difficulty, I go to heavy)

Will update this post until I die

Ending Theme (MarioNintendo)
I made this file, I think it's very good! I especially enjoy the drumming. Playing it now, I enjoy it better on sm5 than sm3.9. Who would've thought.

Your Best Nightmare (CyclopsDragon)
COOL XMOD FILE, this is like the perfect rendition of that boss fight in stepmania. No lua script necessary! The bg change was super effective: I adore this file.

You're Izayoi (MarioNintendo)
Jacky file, from Dynamite Headdy! I hope you will like it, guys This file makes me smile. How fast can you play this on rates?

Yoru no Nikusyokujyo (Jombo)
I find it crazy to think I've owned Contra Hard Corps for all those years and never even thought of stepping that one. I really like the streams and the small bursts, they were a highlight for me!

Working Together (Porky Pink)
LOL THIS SONG SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE THE FLINTSONES, CAN'T UNHEAR IT!!! I loved the steps. Porky Pink, you're amazing <3

Work Harder (3-T Scroat)
3-T SCROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
I had to first learn the song on cmod... sorry... but it was sweet when I was able to play it on xmod! )
The background changes were hilarious
cough

Wiosna (rCaliberGX)
First time I played this song it was on 2.5x haha
Maybe it's my headphones, but I hear some audio tear, like if it was amplified too much.... ah well, matter not.
The file is super sweet. It's a nice break after Work Harder, actually. Thanks rGX for this sweet sweet piece!

Wind-Blooming Mountain (Yesssss)
I was eager to playing a new Yessssss release, and this one sure didn't disappoint! Where do you find these games... "Atelier Meruru"????
The moood is so nice here... Thanks for this file, I really like it

Wind Waker Unplugged (wv)
Isn't this song already on FFR? rofl cute song wv

Where You At (MooMoo_Cowfreak)
Smash rap! I loved the color theory. :>

War Season (dub)
Where did dub come from?? That file was brutal, and had an alien feel to it.... An unexpected delight!

Volcano - Kamishimo X68000 mix - (Nullifidian)
Psyvariarrrr!!! I love the swing feel of the song. In my opinion, it's a bit too long, but that's just one man's opinion (considering Tsuka liked it so much, it's probably just fine the way it is ;P). Classic Nullifidian. You keep making these classics like it's no big deal!

Variations of Castle (Charu & Gradiant)
At first I was like "hey this is cute" but then no you had to make this like one of the most jawdropping files I've ever played... The progression is out of this world. Truly a highlight for me so far, a must-play.

Underwater BGM (Lofty)
The most artistic file of the bunch. Too meta for me though ;P

Underwater (MarioNintendo)
:3 I made this and I like it a lot

Twister (porkypink)
Holy shit porky pink lol back at it again x) I love your stepping style and song choices so much... You're an excellent stepper, top tier. Please, never stop stepping. I love your ideas and your execution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote