View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 12:47 AM   #85
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The College Thread

Update: I declared economics, finished all my requirements 2 years before I graduate, now have 16 classes to take whatever the fuck I want.
So I'm taking a course called "Kitchen Chemistry" which sounds pretty baller, combining my interests of science, cooking, and eating nicely. The professor is well-known and the class got good reviews last time it was held, so I'm psyched.

Also electing to take some fun math classes (debating between differential equations, which I've somehow managed to not have ever done, and the real analysis track)
I enjoyed Number Theory greatly, so people who do college math - pls tell me what's fun.

Either way, life is good when you've finished your requirements man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
- Join a club.
Quote:
- Make connections that matter.
Quote:
- Have fun. Enjoy the small moments. Join people for a concert, do something new. The best thing you can do is to try new things. Take those risks.
Xiz right on the money.

Outside of trade schools, college is about people (and I'd argue this is pretty true even for trade schools haha)
What you learn is nice, the piece of paper is nice, but the people you meet is what you're paying for.
Plus, generally speaking a lot of classes are forgettable - but everyone remembers that one time Jeff got drunk and climbed the statue of Marcus Aurelius.

Enjoy your life, man.

EDIT- p.s. It's going to take me at least 9 years to have graduated. Don't worry about taking your own path... do what's right for you.

EDIT 2- Seriously Xiz have you considered a job as a college counselor?
You earned your salary better with those 2 posts than every single thing I heard in high school from my school's advisors lmao

Last edited by hi19hi19; 08-21-2016 at 12:57 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote