View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 04:40 AM   #30
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: When u bump a thread in CC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
1/ It's real easy to just claim passive intent after the fact to avoid getting in trouble

2/ If you do something that would generally be against the rules, but your intent was something justifiable (They knew I was joking, I was just making a point, I only stole that bread because my family is starving) you know it, the mod knows it, but the new user coming in after the fact seeing it goes 'oh this just must be how it is'
#1 seems like it would be an issue but it's not.

you'd think it would be, because this is a textual forum so it's more ambiguous.

in actuality, in a workplace setting I've found I can stretch the limits of speech codes far more due to the varying tones I can put on messages. (don't feel bad; this was a customer service job that had me lying every 30 seconds or less as an occupational requirement.) and in cases like these you can deny a conversation ever happened -- at least here you have a record of it.

I was able to get people to obey an intent rule on a pretty controversial reddit forum, so it can be done.

#2 is a possibility but if they internalize that into breaking a rule just business-as-usual and enforce the rule in their case.