View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 04:10 AM   #105
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenorosth View Post
I would agree, but considering this only happens once a year, it's kinda hard not to be a bit salty being shot down because of scores you did 5 years ago. It reminds of how good I was then, and how shit I was now. It's not just a "You can get this skill back" because I know for a fact that I have tokens I can't even think about touching again now. It's been five years. Five years. I played a lot three years ago, and the skill didn't come back then. So how am I going to be held to that standard? That, in a nutshell, is why I'm annoyed. In short, I feel like even if I wait a year, I'll just get shot down again. Either because I won't improve, or if I do, I'll be put in D4. It's what happened When I first got placed in d2 well before even the 8th tourny.
You're not the only one in this type of situation.
It's your obligation to uphold that "standard" you met years ago, just as everyone else has done.

Either way, as stated in the Original Post(OP) of the "11th Official Tournament" thread

Q: I’ve degraded in skill – can I be in a lower division?
A: Unfortunately, you will not be placed off of your current skill, but rather the skill that is reflected in your level ranks (public and token). Gauging current skill is incredibly risky and can ruin the overall tournament experience, especially if someone improves unexpectedly due to being placed in a lower division for skill degradation. Do your best – each round is a week long, and you can accomplish a lot in that week if you try.

As well as

If you happen to have any issues with placements, do not post them in any threads. Instead, send a private message to me(psychoangel691) via FFR, or send me a message on Skype at saphira251. I will do my best to respond to everyone in regards to everything. Continual disregard of this rule will result in removal from the tournament.

Fasting from playing your current division's required file will yield a less favorable outcome than you might expect, as well as continually not following the rules set for this tournament.