View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 03:55 AM   #102
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Files

Yeah, I hear you - the last tournament was actually more than a year ago in fact. If consistency in skill is something you are concerned about, then perhaps you may want to try playing FFR throughout the year, and not just during a tournament. I personally think the best thing about this site is the community - why not try finding a rival that's within your skill range and practice? Frankly, consistency is not compatible with a lack of playing, so perhaps prepare over the long-term. If your skill gets even better to warrant yourself a new division, congrats!

I sense that a lot of people are trying to "time" their skill levels so that they don't end up on the tail end of their division whenever a tournament occurs. For a token collector, that must sound particularly frustrating, but I still believe that it's not really a matter of chance - it's still a matter of effort. Think of the top players of each division not as being the lucky guys who were placed on the higher end of their division, but rather the people who really have the motivation and dedication to reach their goals. This isn't theoretical. Give it a shot.

Last edited by bmah; 06-25-2016 at 03:56 AM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote