View Single Post
Old 05-7-2016, 12:13 AM   #18
Technoid
FFR Player

Default Re: Who's fault would it be?

I just used drunk driving as an example, FYI the exact thing that's going on is someone I know doesn't really know how to drive, and he is around people who probably don't know how to drive well, "maybe" teaching him to drive, and he has a car, apparently has no license, the car's insurance is in someone else's name, I don't know what's going on with the car's plates. He recently drove alone, apparently not a very far distance. He's very careless, he's probably going to do that more often. I'm just wondering, if he wrecks and kills someone, is that on me, morally, because I didn't do anything to stop him? He doesn't listen to me, he's in another city now, so I couldn't just tell him to stop. Should I call the police? I don't know what the best course of action would be.

I guess my other thing, ilikexd, was a bad example. But like, not related to my current situation, if trying to help him would just pull me down too, but not helping wouldn't really cost anyone else their life, should I try to help or not? I tend to get selfish and just think that I didn't chose to live that way, so I shouldn't let anyone who has chosen to ruin their life ruin my own.

But what if not helping could potentially hurt, or even kill, someone else?

@gold stinger: Just a suggestion, but maybe it would help to make it inconvenient for him to leave a mess. Doesn't do the dishes? Pile them on his bed. Trash? Same thing. Nothing off your back, and then he has to clean it up.

Last edited by Technoid; 05-7-2016 at 12:16 AM..
Technoid is offline   Reply With Quote