View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 12:58 AM   #872
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Ossa
Default Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4 (OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS)!

Alright guys! I'm back for another batch of reviews! Also, sent you a PM MarioNintendo

Let's get started, shall we?

A Beautiful Day For Golf (MarioNintendo) - YES. WOW this file's a blast. Good job.

Airship Stage (cedolad) - YES. AH - MAH - ZEN file holy shit. One of my favourites so far!

Balloon Fight Medley (MarioNintendo) - YES. Again, just such a blast playing your files, man!. Awesome first submissions so far

Battle 2 (moches) - Yes. Not only is moches one of my favourite simfile artists, but this song is absolute boss. Awesome fun file, sir. Good to see Harvard is giving you some time off to make more amazing files!

Dark Demon's Song (MarioNintendo) - Yes. This is exactly how I would have stepped this song, and that's a good thing!

Deku Palace (Lofty) - No. Not a big fan of the patterns and the use of color theory on this file. Repetitive, song doesn't really help. Also, I'm fairly sure that what you tried to pull off with the emphasized not in the two sections is offsync.

Entrusted Hope (CyclopsDragon) - No. This song is amazing. That being said, I think you underutilized the song. It's a very generic streamy file, and there's nothing wrong with that. I just think this song deserves a different approach, if you're willing to resubmit; would love to see this song in the pack.

Factory Stage (cedolad) - YES. Amazing.

Gear Getaway (MarioNintendo) - Yes. Swing's always a good choice. Good job.

Gopher Grove (Jose_Varela) - MAYBE. Ok, here's the thing. LOVE the effects, I think it's fresh; I think people don't use those amazing SM features nearly as much as they should. THAT BEING SAID, the file's pretty simple. Again, nothing wrong with that, this just feels like a somewhat challenging pad file. If you could make an extra difficulty targeted more towards KB players and resubmit, I'll consider it for sure, it has a LOT of potential.

Hope & Joy Peace & Love (MarioNintendo) - YES. This, Sir, is your opus magnum. My favourite you've submitted so far. Amazing.

Neko Atsume no Theme (Gundam-Dude) - No. Some interesting things you did but the song is boring and the file is extremely repetitive, not much going on. I just didn't enjoy it :/

Rhythm and Balance (bmah) - Yes. Great song, solid file.

The Mystic Caves (Lofty) - Maybe. Song's amazing. This file is definitely better than you other submission. However, same issues apply (with me). Patterns feel off, some of the stuff you stepped doesn't even follow anything (there's a couple of notes at the end that seem to be ghost notes?). Again, with the color theory, it's really cool if it's used properly, and you did use it well towards the end, but all the other parts were colored notes showed up made not sense to me, maybe I'm missing a sound? Please take a look at it and send a resubmission, I would love to have this song in the pack.

Alright, folks, that's all! Until next time

Last edited by Dj_Ossa; 03-23-2016 at 01:00 AM..
Dj_Ossa is offline   Reply With Quote