View Single Post
Old 03-3-2016, 12:51 AM   #10
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Songs of the Week (Mar 1, 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
I had these when the file was in set 6 because of a screw up with the sets, they were removed for some reason when the notes for the rest of the files in that set were finalized:

[8/10] DRAGONLADY {Nankumo}

-Nice song choice and neat little jacking file, just a couple things that stand out to me

-I like the grey colorization for the sound that happens at spots like 4.523s, but I think jumps are better to accentuate the sound than hands (hands seem a bit excessive since the sound happens multiple times throughout)

-The two notes at 5.215 and 5.315s should be switched to follow the pitches of the melody. All other instances of that in the intro already have the first higher note on the right side and second lower note on the left

-8.515 through 27.715s is a bit repetitive since you basically have it in 4 sections where you have the minijacks on [3] then switch to [2] and then repeat both. You could have the minijacks at 9.515 and 11.115s on [4] instead so you’re still hitting them on the righthand but they alternate, and same with the next part, putting the minijacks at 12.715 on [1] instead of [2] so you’re still hitting them on the lefthand. Jumps could be changed to like what you have already so the notes in the jump aren’t the same as the ones used in your minijacks.

-Vocal sample section’s pretty fun, could maybe color the notes here like you did with the grey hands, but it’s not necessary

-Alternating jumpjacks at 39.715s are a bit of a difficulty spike compared to the minijacks in the rest of the file. Changing to [12][34] instead of [14][23] would make the difficulty more consistent. What you have at parts like 58.915s with the jumptrill instead of the jacks is fine though

-Like the jumps to the ‘woo’s’ in 53.715 through 65.315s but it feels slightly empty since it’s closer to the end of the song and could be a sort of climax. Adding jumps to the driving bass drum like you have in the rest of the file would help with this.

File's fun either way, but that section that happens is really spikey and warrants a bump up in difficulty.
That's actually... really annoying that this review was removed.

I wouldn't have changed the jumpjacks even if I had seen this (I actually made the file with those split jumpjack sections in mind as the highlights, so I sorta feel like they're the soul of the file, so to speak) but your PR advice for the section at 5.215 seems like a good change. I wish I could have made it. Unfortunate.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 03-3-2016 at 12:53 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote