View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #15
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: ATTN: Active FFR Players/Community

I don't think most users are aware of how much more is available to them compared to before:
- Judging has been structured to be more interactive. Previously users had almost no control over their submissions, and now there's a rating appeal and conditional queue process which allows users to communicate with judges. Many files in conditional queue still await a response from the original stepartist.
- Many obsolete methods used in the Batch System have been removed, and I've put in a lot of effort to set up a Search Engine to make information more accessible to stepartists. Look at any single batch page on the Batch Search Engine site and you'll see the most up-to-date information on your current submissions (and mention anything that may look off -- which can be changed).
- The Weekly Batch Updates have shown that we have made considerable progress. What makes it seem like there is a halt is that we're currently dealing with larger batches in November/December 2014, the Official Tournament Batch, and the Hard Songs Batch. The batches after January/February 2015 you'll notice are considerably smaller, and finishing the four batches than only have ~15 files isn't any better than saying we finished a batch with over 60 files -- it's just that "there are four batches" instead of one.

Our GM staff has put their efforts into making information more accessible and file submissions more interactive with users. The user community also needs to do its part. If anyone here is concerned about a large backlog of files, then I ask that those people contribute to finishing it up.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 02-16-2016 at 01:28 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote