View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 10:56 PM   #323
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 234: Art Angels by Grimes (Album Choice: David H.)

I saw Simulacrum today, but John Zorn himself didn't conduct any music, he just came on stage to introduce the band and talk about his composing process, then promptly left the band to play his pieces. Does that count as seeing a Zorn show? Either way, the show was a good watch, though I wish it would've been longer at 70 minutes, and I kinda wonder what ONE song with vocals would sound like.

Anyways, David bugs me about this album every effing day so I guess I have to listen to it. I don't know too much of what to expect, except this isn't yet another Depeche Mode ripoff or so I hope.

Some of these songs are total trash. For example, Kill V. Maim... Is she trying to sound like some J-Pop star or something? Read that last sentence with a stutter, it's necessary to convey my emotions. SCREAM is clearly trying to be weird but just annoys, and Venus Fly is just gross. There's a bunch of charming pop songs here but this is one inconsistent collection of songs.

Best Track: Realiti
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote