Old 08-25-2015, 08:45 AM   #289
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I highly disagree and this is why:

This game studio literally got people to pay for a free game and people to buy the dlc songs

or how about their other game cytus:

which had "the million project" go on, and they reached their goal I might add.

I agree SIU would be a great mobile game with changes and stuff, I feel that's not even a debate. But FFR could be made into a mobile game fine. Just tbh I think we'd have to tone overall difficulty down / maybe add holds or what are those notes in sm where you have to press them semi rapidly.

btw yeah rayark is awesome and if ffr delved into a mobile game there's a lot we can learn from them. Just sayin' it CAN be done.

Well, I'm sure FFR would be good for the larger sized devices, but I know I wouldn't really feel comfortable playing it on my S6 edge(which is still pretty large for a phone to me).
Same thing with Cytus(which i've seen alota my friends play), but i think it works a bit better for mobile play due to it's giant circles and use of tracking.
I just find it a problem that though it is totally viable, it wouldn't be an efficient way to draw in the majority of mobile gamers imo.

(and that's all i got on cons for it)

Buuuut, if we do decide to or just for fun do so as a community project, we would have to either
A: decide to use all current charts for mobile play(which is okay i guess)
B: make all new charts(meaning, as always, more work) but are all INDEX friendly(or THUMBS for some people).
C:???

(B)This will not only cater to some newcomers but might draw in some players who left because FFR's charts are made with mostly SPREAD play in mind.
as i said before though, I just don't believe the 'work' to 'potential users' is worth it as much as SIU
I'd talk more about SIU but I feel I've talked enough on it in my past post. Only thing I can say is lets do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
I suggested this to Zag in like April as part of a meeting. He wrote it down but idk if he's working on it or really anything at all that's going on.
Interesting to hear... I don't see any downside to it other than the obvious 'more work' needed to do so(which will always be an important factor to consider) and maybe a "they don't like my stepfile" feeling.(which might put off some steppers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
I've actually had hopes of turning SIU into a mobile app but haven't had the time to pursue it further
I saw that when I was looking up past threads for SIU and you put in tons of work for it. Maybe with some help soon all that work won't be for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Maybe I am just too cynical, but I see threads like this every year or so, and it's always the same stuff that gets brought up. People focus too much on the minutiae and not enough on what would actually fix things overall.
That's probably because most of us aren't familiar with how things work in managerial FFR, and thus we cannot really supply answers they/you need for what yall see as the highest priority.
I mean, we try kinda... but even if we(the common ffr player) continued to debate on things we don't understand as much as administration does, which even then it's been at a standstill(which is why there are meetings going on between them as of now I'm guessing), I don't see it progressing much.
So instead, we discuss matters that are tangible to us.

With all the time and thoughts we put into these discussions hopefully it'll show our passion for FFR, and passion is contagious.
which i know has been said n done countless times before, but here i feel we are making valid and considerable suggestions that can not only benefit the community but staff as well.