View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #36
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Super Revival Pack 2015 released, download links inside!

Posting part one of my thoughts while playing through the pack. Will play more tomorrow when its not so late. Note that these arent really critical reviews, as Im just giving my general thoughts and feelings as I play through this. No ratings will be given, just me talking about how much I like each file.

Adularia- What I really like about this file is that the patterns flow so well with the holds to me, even if the holds from time may be placed weird. It’s a very smooth file for such an energetic one. And I loved playing through it all. Well done!

Anything- This really kept my attention the entire way through. What I liked a lot was how well the transitions between meters were held, and how smooth they were. It made the overall playing experience much more enjoyable for me. Really comfortable throughout the entire time, although with that section in the end with the layering in of the mines felt a little out of place, its still a really fun file overall.

Ataxia 11- Wow this was another fun one. The constant and driving beat made mostly everything (besides the one difficulty spike closer to the beginning) feel really nice. What I really like is how well you were able to have the certain sounds blend in perfectly with how you were layering the file. It felt really good on the hands. Well done.

Atropos- This was the first file I played by you, and holy cow I loved it. The transitions between 16ths, 24ths, and so on felt really good. Mini jacks were placed perfectly to feel like butter as you were playing. And the driving patterns just made it fun all the way through. Really nice job.

Between sanity and insanity- This was fun too! I really like how smooth the jumps felt throughout the entire file, and even though the mines felt a little out of place, it didn’t deteriorate the overall fun value I got from this. Nice job!

Bob’s Tango- Classic Ferrari. Everything was very simple, but effective. The mini jacks and jacks just felt very nice to hit, and everything flowed so smooth, even if the song is a bit weird. Love that you’re still stepping. It brings back memories of some of your older files.

Botines- Really chill song, and very fun steps. I do think in certain sections it’s a bit overwhelming in the layering and doesn’t reflect what the song is portraying, but nevertheless, I still enjoyed playing and chilling to it. Really nice.

Chirality- If you want to find a fine example of a dodge ball file done right, then look no further. This is one of the best dodge ball files I’ve played in a very long time. Everything felt so good. The mines felt super good to dodge and not out of place at all. The steps really reflected the overall feel of the song, and its just plain awesome. Really nice job, and good to see files from you still

Dash do Cinderella- Really nice and simple. Felt great to play. Not much else to say about it. Really liked jamming to it.

Elemental Creation- This one felt super nice. For an intense song, this felt super comfortable to play, especially that final stream at the end. Felt super clean, especially that middle section where the time increases dramatically. Well done.

More to come!