View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #9
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Super Revival Pack 2015 released, download links inside!

Baq12's Unknown Soldier was tastefully done.
I had high hopes for the file because I really love the artist (especially in light of how many average files for Warmen songs have been made in the past) and the file delivered.
Dicksyncing felt right but not too excessive, holds were in general well-used, and the layering choices -especially the break about a quarter of the way in- were good for pacing and difficulty.
I can tell a ton of effort was put into sync and it definitely was worth it.
A bit confused as to why it was put on beginner instead of oni because it wasn't hard at all relative to what passes for truly elite files these days but eh, minor complaint.

dashoe's Hui, Pizda, Govno! was pretty fun. I'd definitely like to see this cleaned up and submitted to FFR if it hasn't been already!
To FFR-ize it all it would take is cleaning up some transitions and specific anchors and making the holds into color theory arrows.
Highlight for me was definitely the Mario coin sound 1313 swing trill at 48 seconds.
The dense section starting at 77.8 going until the split roll at 80 completely shrekt me.
Overall probably not file of the century, but the anchor-heavy style is fun and fits Reizoko Cj well and the file generally makes good use of the what the song offers.

bmah's Ring file definitely impressed me. I played Oni.
I went in expecting vintage bmah hijinks and instead I got... a really modern-feeling layered guitar solo file.
The layering never felt too oppressive or out of whack and, while I haven't checked at low rates or anything, the dicksync felt natural enough to be very fun.
The ending jacks on 2 were definitely the highlight for me, they closed the file out nicely.
Cool file; will play again!

lol like 7 files in and barfood's Mario Paint Medley is my favorite file so far, in no small part due to the song choice. What a delightfully goofy and steppable song!
I love the contrast between straight and swing rhythms and the light layering feels ideal to match the song.
Bonus points for me not having to turn off mines, usually any mines at all in a file = I fail... but this mine section was actually fun for a dodgeball shitter like me!
Good stuff.

TRICKL4SH 220... I feel like if this pack was somehow accidentally uploaded without cdtitles I would have just put the Kommisar cdtitle in the folder after playing it once.
Another file with mines that add a lot to the file and are very fun. I love it when I can actually do the mines...
Layering was deliberate and it was always clear what sounds were being followed.
Lots of very Kommi patterns such as the long [14][34][14][34] anchor, which fit the music perfectly I might add.
My sole complaint after two playthroughs is that the arrow at 37.546 feels off PR-wise (should be on 1 IMO because the arrow on 2 at 38.228 is higher) and it really bothers me.
But if that's the extent of my issues, the file's definitely a keeper lol

choof's take on Emil's Sacrifice was not what I expected.
I made a WIP for this basically as soon as the NeiR tribute album came out and dumpstered it shortly after, so I'm glad to see the song be stepped.
A little sad to hear all the background buzzes and bloops go unstepped during the long singing section. But of course, difficulty syncing them is why I gave up my WIP so I can only imagine you had the same difficulty! Also a little disappointed that some of the rhythmic texture in the 12th sections was unstepped (one random example being the 32nd grace note at 132.938) but of course I know why they weren't. But it would have been incredible if you had gotten it to work, you know?
Overall I'm being a little harsh because I have a vision of how a file for this song should go, but discarding that bias it's quite a fun file.
The long hold section drags a little but the light swing in the drums keeps it just interesting enough, and the 12th/24th parts are very fun, especially the jumpstream at the end.
Also no idea why this was uploaded in beginner, hell I got 7g clean and I never SDG stuff lol

Last edited by hi19hi19; 07-21-2015 at 02:28 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote