View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 12:04 AM   #2
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Starting a brutal diet + exercise

You're not actually allergic to all of that stuff, other than dairy, are you?

I honestly don't see the benefit of cutting gluten unless you're legitimately celiac, but you could, albeit it makes eating extremely annoying. It's really the only reason you'd be at risk for vitamin deficiency. Drop this unless you're dead set on it.

Cutting nuts while dieting is a straight up good idea because they have too many calories for a cut.

Aim to eat 2000 calories a day. Depriving yourself of nutrients you need is actually pretty hard to do under normal circumstances, but with your gluten restriction it's a bit easier since you're losing so many damn foods.

Just keep everything simple. Avoid making food fancy with sauces and things that add calories. Since you're a chef, your natural tendency is probably going to be to make everything more interesting to eat, but the more stuff you add to the core foods, the more unnecessary calories you're eating.

A sample diet I might eat if I am aiming for around 2000 calories without any dairy or gluten:

Fruit and vegetable medley in the morning. Could mix it into a garden salad. ~300 cals

Lunch, spinach salad with a chopped up chicken breast in it and a low cal dressing. Add an apple or something. ~500

Dinner, plate full of rice, chicken breast with a leg in there too mix in broccoli. ~800 cal.

Evening snack; something sweet you like to kick cravings. I like berries and whip cream. A big bowl is barely 100 cal. Use left over rice from earlier and mix a meat medley with some fat in it, add some sauce or something you like you make it tastier. If you're feeling lazy you can always eat a can of Tuna or other quick protein source (though I'd make sure it's not completely leanso you're getting your fats) munch on vegetables.

That would cover all macronutrient requirements and micronutrient requirements.

Obviously that's just a template but it gives you an idea of how you could eat and lose weight really quickly while adhering to those rules.