View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 01:56 AM   #115
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Who is the best rhythm gamer you've seen in your rhythm gaming career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
that sounds awesome, can you include vids of 0133 when you do?
Sure.

In terms of BMS (7k+1 gameplay), many people have said that (jhlee)0133 is the best player. For good reason - his accuracy is almost unmatched - especially on higher-end charts, his chordstream ability is absurdly good (albeit not the best), very good at jacking and due to his practice in O2Jam lately, has gotten very good at handling LNs. All of that makes him an all-around an extremely solid player. That's what makes 0133 the best player to most people - like the reason why ABCD is formerly known as the best player, he has this finesse that he carries that combines absurd accuracy and speed on some of the hardest maps on BMS and osu!mania. His scores are usually ranked #1 on osu!mania (for almost every keymode) and BMS - which just shows how far ahead he is from the rest of the pack. Combined with his PMS overjoy status and a very respectable 4K skill level, he's not only the best BMS player, but arguably the best overall VSRG player, sans dance games.

But that's simply talking about a best "overall" player. There are several players who outmatch him in several skills - namely chordstream speed and LNs. One of the fastest (or the fastest period) BMS players is Monsta - this is his Youtube channel. To fully appreciate how good he is at speed, he has the lowest B+P (boos+poors, essentially combo breakers) for almost every Overjoy 5/6 chart on BMS - the only reason why he doesn't show up all that high on the leaderboards is because of his mediocre accuracy. He also cleared (hard clear or easy clear, either or) multiple maps that ABCD, 0133 or any other Overjoy player can't do. His most well-known clear is NS18 [7Key Amother], a map that has been thought by MULTIPLE Overjoy players that will never be cleared. He also easy cleared FREEDOM DiVE FREQ+2 (1.125 rate) and cleared the Kaiden (the second hardest course in BMS) course on FREQ+4, effectively 1.25 rate.

In the LN department, there are several O2Jam players that are better than him in that department - a few people I could name off the top of my head are Sern888 and Chyoic (gyp05040 on osu!mania). Not very experienced when it comes to O2Jam, mainly because I don't really venture much into that area, but I digress, the point is that you can say those players are the "best" 7K players, based on how you emphasise a particular skill. I find it silly to really emphasise a particular skill in terms of ability however, especially if the player's skillset is polarised. Sern, Chyoic and Monsta may be able to beat some of 0133's scores, but 0133 edges out those three players in almost everything else other than Sern/Chyoic/Monsta usually play.

For ITG, Mad Matt and Rynker are known as two of the best ITG players (though krushrpants and Little Matt could also be said as the best players, but that's besides the point). Rynker - for a very long time; was the best by far when it came to stamina - though partially because Mad Matt wasn't too interested in playing stamina-based charts. His accuracy on stamina charts are absurd - getting near 300 to 1 FA on charts that most players struggled to pass. He's no pushover when it comes to footspeed either - he passed numerous footspeed 20s - the current highest pass on ITG is a 21 - though Mad Matt could probably pass some 22s at this point. From what I've seen as well, he's also quite consistent in tournaments at his top shape, he won several tournaments - more notably DDR Storm XIV - which had a pretty strong lineup.

Mad Matt doesn't need much introduction - his footspeed is second to none and his ability to sustain such speeds (250-260) is also second to none.

I could also talk about the best overall 4K players, but I think that's beside the point. Those players I previously mentioned, as insane as they are - are only limited to one type of gameplay with very similar mechanics as the others. In terms of being proficient at multiple rhythm games, iamchris4life and FEFEMZ seem to be the best out of everyone else. I'm personally not very familiar with FEFEMZ, but I'm definitely familiar with Chris - formerly one of the best GH players (most notably known for his insane star power optimisation and TTFAF FC), one of the best ITG/DDR players in terms of accuracy and a respectable SM player when it comes to index. While I think he's most definitely good, his niche seems to be accuracy, more than anything else. His highest pass on ITG is a 16 to my knowledge, and he hasn't tried some of the more absurd charts that GH customs have created recently.

From what I've read from tyson ultima's post, and what I've seen from FEFEMZ in general - I'm more compelled to say that FEFEMZ is the best rhythm gamer overall if you're talking about multiple rhythm games with different skillsets required. Probably going to check more though.

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 05-21-2015 at 01:58 AM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote