Thread: Steam
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #17
dell2150
FFR Veteran
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to dell2150
Default Re: Steam

Age of Empires II HD is a pretty great game. Nice remake of the timeless classic (I grew up playing AoE 1 as one of my first "real" PC games). It's a real time strategy which you didn't list, but can be a relaxed game too.

For an FPS hater, I actually enjoyed HAWKEN. It's free and you're basically a giant robot on a team of giant robots fighting another team of giant robots. It's very slow paced for a shooter, and I think that's why I like it. Not usually a fan of the fast fighting games.

I for some reason obsess over generic MMORPG type things that are similar to WoW but free (Wow private servers, Aion, Allods, tons of others), and found Eldevin on steam. It's basically exactly that, but actually more like RuneScape. Woodcutting, mining, smithing, farming, fishing, cooking etc all that jazz, and I've put a bunch of hours into that recently, dunno if it's your type though.

Dragon Age: Origins was somehow in my recommended even though I barely have any games and I LOVE it. It's sorta like Skyrim, there are dwarves, humans, and elves, and 6 different "classes" that create 6 extremely unique storylines. Each is enthralling and in depth full of moral dilemmas, and similar to the Fable series, moral choices effect the plot as well as your party members and relationships.

Speaking of Dragon Age: Origins, if you haven't looked at the Humble Bundle (which I see TRD mentioned) I definitely recommend getting it. Humble Bundle does "pay what you want" as long as it's above the average, and you get a bunch of games. Currently for steam it is Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, and Bejeweled 3 all for $4.97 (or more, if you want to). Definitely a deal you can't beat if you are interested. Sorry I can't recommend more games, I've also recently come back to Steam!

P.S. my username is "I am Dell" (no quotes of course) if anyone would like to add me as well!

Last edited by dell2150; 04-27-2015 at 03:08 PM..
dell2150 is offline   Reply With Quote