View Single Post
Old 03-8-2015, 10:28 AM   #177
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 113: Tourist History by Two Door Cinema Club (Album Choice: Trevor P.)

Some menial indie pop while I study SAT words. I don't actually know if this is menial or indie pop I just need background music to study and digest this omelet. I was gonna cherrypick an ambient album but hey this one was readily available let's go.

This is extremely generically indie. This is so indie it makes me want to dress like a metrosexual. Synths? Yep. Horns? Check. Tribal drums? What more can you ask for? For eff's sake their next album has a ceiling album cover. And it's extremely bouncy, perhaps sickeningly sweet. Yet I'm enjoying it far more than I should. Because the upbeat nature and occasionally excess reverb makes this album ridiculously feelgood.

My biggest complaint is that this album feels like a compilation because it just STOPS. There's no conclusive feeling whatsoever, the 10th and final song sounds the same as the first 9. And that's my biggest complaint. At a hair under 33 minutes, these guys were smart enough to have the quality of brevity, because these songs mostly sound the same and the joyful mood would probably soon get overbearing if the album was even 12 minutes longer. With this in mind, I wasn't bothered at all by how samey the songs are. This is a fun, simple album. Normally I feel I would make some pompous, unprofound statement about this album being not that great but truth be told I enjoyed it way more than I expected. These guys aren't disgustingly twee like Vampire Weekend but instead are just trebly and happy enough to make a mundane half hour more enjoyable.

Best Track: The whole album sounds the same, in spite of that...
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote