View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #79
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: ATTN: FFRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I agree that cleaning up infrastructure should be a priority. I don't think suddenly dumping several new people on that task will help complete it any better.
This is what code reviews are for. Full control of development still belongs to the head developers -- they don't have to include subpar code if they don't want to. It's simply fact that the development team is getting pulled in too many directions right now and it's too difficult to cover a significant amount of ground without easing the onboarding process for more developers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
My point is, whatever new staff members are added are also inevitably going to have obligations outside of FFR.

You may have ample free time to work on FFR now, but suddenly you get a different job. Have to move. Get a girlfriend. Start taking classes. Get sick.
You still contribute when you can but suddenly now you're the "lazy staff" and so you're worthless and should just be thrown out for someone else, right?
I'm not suggesting to get rid of them, don't get the wrong idea. I'm stating that because people can't commit full time to FFR's development that it needs to have more developers than an organization that can afford them full time.