Thread: Motivation
View Single Post
Old 02-3-2015, 09:55 PM   #20
Trumpet63
Mostly Ignored
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Motivation

Motivation is a beautiful thing. It can keep you up at night working on a school project. It can drive you to create something new and wonderful. Most of all, it's the pathway to a low-stress life.

I think motivation is a universal problem, and it's not fair to expect every person to be motivated all the time. What I do to combat the apathy that comes from lack of motivation is try to be humble and realistic.

For example, I know that colleges exist to make learning easier, that's what you're paying for. There is no good reason why any person can't just open a book and learn whatever it is they want to learn. So while I am entitled to complain about my education, because I'm paying for it, I'm also not entitled to brag about it. This inevitably leads me to consider why I'm pursuing an education, why I'm taking classes that I don't care about. Then it hits me: I'm dumb as bricks, and I better learn this stuff, because it's gotta be the easiest thing in the world to the person teaching it to me.

Then somehow all my worries resolve themselves.
2014 October 7th 1:03 AM

Zageron: Trumpet
Trumpet63: yes, im here
Zageron: You have a problem.
Trumpet63 is offline   Reply With Quote