View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 08:48 AM   #18
Zapmeister
FFR Player

Default Re: Zap needs to AAA something

i thought i might actually throw in a couple of words of explanation on this for all those who may be confused.

so basically i can't really sightread aaa anything. i played a few 20's with a random new guy in multiplayer a few weeks back and got like 6 goods on all of them. obviously if i tried hard enough then i could get an aaa on these songs, and probably anything below like 40-ish except surely for the offsync legacy crap; but seeing as i still don't fully understand the irony of "goods" not being a good thing on ffr, i simply can't be bothered. also if i have no aaa's it looks like i'm just not trying whereas if i get a few it looks like i just suck at getting aaa's and gave up on them :P

omgwtft0k3n was a special case, in that i only did it to try to prove a point i was furiously proposing in the difficulty thread that this song should be like a low 30's or something and not a 65 or whatever it's still rated. the first time it took me like a few hundred plays and a lot of black flags and 1-0-0-1 and stuff. i was like low d2 at the time. in hindsight MAYBE the fact that low speedmods help tremendously with this song, and that i still hadn't migrated off 1x speedmod back then, was a contributing factor, but i wouldn't know. so then a while later scarhand standard came into existence and i aaa'd it again to grab the token to further reinstate my point about the difficulty of the song being screwed up. nothing ever happened with that but i still have scarhand standard on that. yeah unfairly, since i was still d2 at the time and said i would have been ok with it being removed (though i never explicitly asked for that).

maybe if i start taking ffr more seriously i'll start actually trying to aaa things
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
and they get you laid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
+1. Rob can vouch for that.
wtf

also who's rob

edit: 400th post yay

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th

Last edited by Zapmeister; 01-31-2015 at 09:01 AM..
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote