View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #151
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 91: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 by Aphex Twin

After a particularly bad album, it's nice to go into something you expect to like. Aphex Twin released this EP two days ago, and it's supposed to be much more experimental than Syro. Let's give it a try.

There are 13 tracks on this EP, but only 5 of them go beyond two minutes, and an equal 5 being fragments under a minute. The short tracks are completely superfluous, ranging from jungle beats that are too short to be interesting (0035 1-Audio, diskhat2) to banging on a piano (disk aud1_12) to NOTHING BUT BANGING ON A SNARE FOR 20 SECONDS (if you get this EP you'll know which track it is). The longer tracks are mostly interesting in terms of experimentation but far too empty to really maintain interest, bar the first track, diskhat ALL prepared1mixed 13. I don't really have much else to say about this album.

That first track is really good. The rest is mostly self-indulgent noodling. And the song titles suck. I say give it a shot anyways. This does not kill the pain of Lil Wayne.

Best Track: diskhat ALL prepared1mixed 13
Rating: 4/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote