View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #23
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Songs of the Week (Aug 26, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
when xiz's graphic is uploaded to the site by admin
admin pls

Serious post again (I'd be sorry for shitting up the SotW thread with this discussion but this HAS to be said so I'm not)

Honestly I think it's way more important than you might think that a FPP goes up with the release and the thread, and that they all reference each other.
If you look at the number of plays, number of players, and amount of discussion in the release threads, they are slightly but noticeably more active when the information is all presented at once. It's much easier to get a player's attention with simultaneous presentation of news than with a slow trickle of more ignorable, small notices.
By the way this means please start putting a link to these release threads in the FPP.

This kind of community building was something I discussed with Tass years ago.
Whatever bad blood there is/was with Tass, you can't question he knew how to run a community and organize a site, and it's obvious that FFR grew substantially with him heading the show. I'm seriously concerned about this community that I love so much shrinking, as I feel it is doing now. Simple things like presenting new song releases on time in a coordinated manner go very far in maintaining the feel of a community worth joining, and that's very key in player retention.
Please think of these things.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 08-28-2014 at 09:51 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote