View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:57 PM   #67
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 29: Queen II by Queen (Album Choice: Remi C)

Second of three Queen albums on my spreadsheet. I've already established that I totally dig this style of arena rock, so my mind will probably focus on how much better this is than A Day At The Races. In other words, this review is about to suck. Hard.

Day 16 of the pledge: Feelin good bro. I see links all over Twitter and Facebook now and I have almost zero urge. Compare that to either a few days ago or all the way back to the first few days. Passing those links was a STRUGGLE.

Instead of actually reviewing this album, let me tell you a rather amusing story about today, one of the biggest wastes of my lifetime ever. I am told to meet up with person for work at the State House, more specifically to advocate for a bill that we want to get passed. Person is an hour and a half late, which is rather understandable cause parking in Boston is pretty horrible at times. I go inside the State House, and the bill already passed. So within the span of 2 minutes, I leave the State House and go home. There was absolutely no point to that story, just like there was no point to my day today.

I've been too busy slowly spending play coins to actually go in depth on this first side. It's an instrumental and 4 catchy arena rockers with typical overblown, glammy guitar and almost operatic vocals. You have your prog rock song, your ballad, your hard rocker and your pop tune, but they're all undeniably Queen.

Side 2 is a jumble of more experimental songs, but are still undeniably Queen. This side is a lot more interesting.

In conclusion, I wasted 82 minutes of my life today.

Best Track: The March Of The Black Queen
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote