View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #168
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dark Chancellor Pack 2 (ITS HAPPENING.GIF) Submissions Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Why are you always up in arms about everything? Do you really believe there is absolutely no value in different perspectives of players? This basically doesn't seem any different at all then what I do for work. If you had the same people who wrote the code always quality checking it then you'd never see it from another view point and would have a harder time understanding how it is viewed from the typical user.

As a long time member of the community I think I am fully qualified to give my opinions on this perspective of simfile judgement.
In what way does being a long-time member of the community qualify you to have relevant opinions in simfile judgement? Keep in mind that a huge portion of the current community consists of long-time members, and it would be absurd to say that they all can competently judge simfiles, particularly those who don't even make simfiles themselves, notwithstanding the existence of a significant gap between making simfiles and actually being able to judge others'.

I don't mean to be instigative or dickish, I legitimately don't follow your reasoning. And writing code isn't at all analogous as it can be more objectively measured and seen as having an end goal which is either accomplished or not, which is nothing like a simfile.