View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #1
Godnick

Default D7 Should be split into two different groups

In my opinion, assuming the upcoming 10th Official Tournament has 7 divisions, there should be another division for the high d7 players to be placed in or d7 should be split into high and low groups based on skill.

I find it unfair that low d7 players have to drill off against the best players of ffr when they have no chance of being in the top 3 ranks unless a miracle occurs like some of the best players wind up not being able to play or don't sign up.

Last tournament's d7 had 29 placed players and the tourney before that had 13. Previous to that, there were only 6 divisions with division 6 having a whopping 59~ players. I believe a new division was created to make players more evenly matched for their division, but think d7 today is growing and this year the number will probably be even bigger making the last division off balance again. Maybe something should change with this to make things more fair for dedicated players who wound up getting stuck in the final division because they are at too high of gameplay skill to be placed in division 6.

Your thoughts?