View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #56
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: The College Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekeb View Post
Anybody in CS interested in academia? I guess it's not very likely when industry pays as well as it does, but I'm curious.
I'm double majoring in math and CS with math as my primary degree. I plan to go to grad school in mathematics later...dunno what I exactly plan to do after though.

I started off just being a CS major. Then I switched to a double major whilst keeping my CS degree as my primary degree thinking that I could pick up a math degree along the way and that having some math knowledge would make me a better programmer. Then I switched my primary degree to my math degree and kept the CS degree because of the fact that CS gives me a lot of computational tools I can use when I do mathematics research.

I have plans to work with a professor later to do some CS research stuff (she specializes in bioinformatics and machine learning) so I'm going to go ahead and see how I like that.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote