View Single Post
Old 05-5-2014, 06:05 PM   #8
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I didn't hear any pizza thing -- just "I think I know that guy!"

PS I really disliked the movie. I usually like superhero movies, but there were too many problems evenly-distributed throughout the entire thing that made it hard for me to just kick back and enjoy it.

1. Too many hammy lines.

2. How do you go from saying "I haven't seen him in ten years" despite living in the same city, to "He's my best pal"? It just seemed kinda odd to me.

3. Making Peter's parents super-spies completely ruins the backstory for me. The whole point of the Spider-Man story is that he's just an ordinary dude who chose to take up the responsibility of being a superhero and embrace the freak accident he endured. Especially the whole "LOL MY DNA IN TEH SPIDERS!" thing pretty much means that the only person who could possibly be Spiderman is... well, Peter Parker. What are the odds that the one kid who could become Spiderman actually becomes Spiderman?

4. Uncle Ben's influence on Peter Parker is virtually absent from this movie / Peter's character development.

5. Spiderman was a dick for basically meeting Harry with the sole purpose of turning him down and getting him angry. It would have been much easier for Peter to be like "lol I couldn't find him sorry dude."

6. The itsy bitsy spider thing. Come on.

7. That stuff with the pilots. Come on.

8. The synthesizer thing. Come on.

9. OK POWER GRID'S YOURS HERE'S A RANDOM OUTLET.

10. Every time Electro gets pissed off, everything turns to dubstep, gurahahggh.

11. The transformation from Harry to Green Goblin was totally rushed. He's almost an afterthought, like Venom was in SM3. On a separate note, I also dislike the guy who plays Harry.

12. So much wasted talent. Sally Field and Paul Giamatti were under-used / mis-used.

13. A nitpick, but I dislike how the Rhino is basically a huge mech/animalistic-tank thing. I would have at least preferred a big suit of armor or something, like they were originally going to do: https://robert-simons-pevb.squarespa...n-2-rhino-suit

14. I understand that Max Dillon was a bit of an outcast who just wanted to be noticed, but I can't suspend my disbelief enough to assume that he'd go from "bitter loner" to "fucking angry murderer" just because of a misunderstanding in Times Square.

Idk there are a lot more I could say but I am lazy. I thought Garfield and Stone did a good job with what they were given. There were also tons of easter eggs to pick up on.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 05-5-2014 at 06:29 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote