Thread: jTWG
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 11:34 PM   #14
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG

It pleases me that the OP presents an unbiased dissection of the nuances inherent in both sides of the argument to help facilitate an impartial decision by the userbase in regards to his topic of contention.

I wasn't here around the time of jTWGs before, but ... if new players feel like they would benefit from playing a game or two with each other first, then a vet should host something for them. After reading the good arguments people have made for and against jTWGs elsewhere, I think participating in a jTWG shouldn't be a requirement, but the option should still be open.

The new players will either become more comfortable playing and start joining games with vets, realize that just playing with fellow new players won't help and go join games with everyone else, or decide the game just does not suit their personality and leave. Or something else. They could be stopped from unnecessarily sheltering themselves by limiting the number of jTWGs a player can join. Because, yeah, everyone has to start somewhere, but you have to experience things beyond your ability to be able to truly improve.

P.S. "TWG is just people talking" is a massive understatement. Some people can't handle the kind of "talking" that goes on when things get intense. (Sure, my skin would probably thicken if I continue playing, but the point stands.)

P.P.S. I'm defining "jTWG" as "a game with only less- or inexperienced players", not as "a vanilla game with no special roles", which I agree with Charu about.