View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #75
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Who is the best rhythm gamer you've seen in your rhythm gaming career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGone View Post
I play both bms and o2jam for nearly a decade, so i guess my 2 cents here might have some weight. I'll say ABCD but with slight contest

He plays with kb, wristjacks scratchwalls that people normally trill, has infinite stamina, has chordstream speed, can vibrate, perfect wristjack control, can handle 32nds no problem, and impossible accuracy to top it off. The stuff he gets on his 7k vids, you can cover the right three columns and assume hes doing the right 4 columns like stepmania onehanded without chord cohesion and justice life gauge equivalent.

Compared with other players its like a chasm; its almost equivalent of comparing d6 players to d7 dossar (and those "d6" players are already insane, mind you. They will destroy the solo scoreboard). He only has a few legit rivals that can even come close; Che (who used to tie abcd until he left for military service..), 0133, butanic, troz, etc come to mind. But overall I'd say ABCD achieved scores that even those players will struggle to touch, while the reverse isn't true.

What seals the deal is that he can play 14k too, and is among the few best at it for 14k keyboard play. None of the other BMS monsters can proficiently play both styles at toptier levels, the closest might be some BM controller players from Japan. However, they can't match his sheer accuracy and combo abilities for difficult 7k songs

O2jam is an interesting case. Its difficult to describe how difficult the game is unless you've actually tried it; forced released holds is harder than it sounds. Nowadays, charts are saturated with insanely dense , hold note infested songs. Thus, some players who used to be hidden behind the scenes training with these charts suddenly surface and blows everyone away with achievements that were thought not possible before. It reaches the extent of taking really hard BMS charts, and converting all the normal notes to long notes.

What used to be considered a niche (they used to be thought of as bs, unpassable charts) now gave birth to some of the most insane rhythm gamers I've ever seen. Genesis is acclaimed to be the best O2jam player, check any of his videos. His sheer speed and control over fast chordstream riddled with forced released holds and inversion charts used to be second to none. Thanks to the intense stamina needed to play these songs, he can even play BMS as well too and did achieve insane achievements albeit with sub par accuracy. In fact, his comboing ability arguably exceeds what abcd or Che could do on certain charts. Thus, you could say he has the best of both worlds; comboing the toughest of BMS chordstream and playing hold-infested charts with unbelievable skill.

Despite that I think its an apple to orange comparison. BMS is quite accuracy focused, something O2jam isn't focused on. O2jam however leans towards the most brutal and demanding charts ever seen. Yet, there is just a beautiful finesse that ABCD carries in terms of accurately MAing the most intense patterns on 7k and 14k that makes me put him as the top rhythm gamer for me, as he continues to pump out scores that won't be broken for years to come. Otherwise, it'll be Genesis for me as the brutal slayer of relentless unreadable dumpcharts that the average player won't even survive five seconds in.

Then we have Cookiezi, but that's another story...
Thanks for this! I didn't have a lot of knowledge on either of these games so it's good to hear the explanation for why ABCD is so good. I did notice that his accuracy was ridiculous compared to any other bms videos I've seen though.
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote