View Single Post
Old 01-7-2014, 11:24 AM   #147
scottiena
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Scores ~2014 Remix~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
Also regarding difficulty of 90+ being so different: it's just an artifact of scaling not being consistent and the perception of difficulty seems to be best gauged by players of corresponding skill level. If we distinguish between a 20 and 21 for instance, the gap is hardly visible to a D5+ player, likewise there are some files in the 70+ range that seem totally misrepresented to D3 and lower players.

That being said, even as a D7 player it's quite obvious that the difficulty range from 90 to 95 is probably better shown as 90-105. But there really aren't a great deal of files in this range yet so until we see dozens of 90s and 91s, there is little reason to split hairs like we do for lower difficulty levels
It's sure that the standard of difficulty became vague on FFR.
the players who can deal difficulty range of 90+ correctly is very few.
If we have the time,we should take the questionnaire in D7 players(similarly,on other divisions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
I think Epidermis is ever so slightly more difficult to AAA than Base, but you're right, I suppose overall it's easier.

Let me reword my thought: I think Base is the easiest 90 to AAA. I still think it'll have 10+ AAAs in no time (Staiain + scottiena + me all missflagged (with both me and scotti botching the ending 8th right jack on other runs as well lmao rip), Gamma has booflag, and Alex could easily AAA if he shakes off rust). Other 90s have a ton of < 3g scores after being in game for years but AAA counts are absolutely abysmal.

Although tbh, I think Base's most difficult sections occurring very early on in the file contribute to how much easier it is to AAA for D7 players than other 90s. If Epidermis' drum solo was the first thing encountered in the file, scores would improve tenfold.
I think so,too.
difficulty→base≒epidermis (base>epide for me)
base:jump-trill on the first half is hard. (and ending)
epidermis:drum solo on the latter half is hard.(and ending)
Quote:
If Epidermis' drum solo was the first thing encountered in the file, scores would improve tenfold.
this is the biggest reason.
we must take the stamina and mental level into consideration.

I'm sorry to write a long sentence..

Last edited by scottiena; 01-7-2014 at 12:03 PM..