View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #60
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Steer clear of Skype.

Dev: So if it really comes down to it, you're willing to just submit to anything you don't think you can fight? Your choice, bro.

And I'm no where near saying we are at that bad a point where actual rights are being taken away because of Skype or something, just that things slide downhill and since I know the government would snowball me if they take advantage of that mile then that makes me less inclined to give them their inch. Saying that it's kosher for any computer program to mine info, use it in a way not even remotely related to it's services and keep me in the dark about it is too big an inch.

Also you keep saying that I agreed to it. Funny, it's been awhile since I read the legal terms to Skype (I actually did read them back when I first got the program in 2007) and I don't recall anything about gathering message content/cookie info and shipping them to 3rd party users. I actually want to say it had a pretty straight up install.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote