View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #74
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles
Default Re: "Play/Test/Judge my simfile" thread V2

I'm gonna be fairly harsh because circlejerking about how good our files are doesn't really help anyone or anything. I'll plan on being as critical as I intend to be for Yolomanai Vol. 2 when I start accepting submissions for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Song: Hirofumi Sasaki - The Least 300sec
Difficulty: 10 NPS
Length: 1:35
Style: 4key
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ow...ast_100sec.zip

i know it's been stepped before, but i think the files i've seen for this song have been pretty insufficient
i hurt my hands and haven't been able to play sm for a while so i've been making lots of files..unfortunately i can't play any of them for now so i'm interested in knowing how this feel to play
This file really has been stepped a little too much, as to be expected from a decently fast DDR song. I like your approach for the most part. There are a couple jacks that I don't necessarily agree with, and the 260bpm speedup isn't really justified. Beyond that I had a lot of fun playing this file, definitely more enjoyable than the other Least 100 Seconds files I've played.

Compared to the ones in Dark Chancellors and FFRCP4 I think you did a more accurate and smart job about syncing the file. From what I can tell both of the previous "good" versions of this song use the exact same syncing which abused pauses/stops while they shouldn't have. I also think your steps are a LOT more fun. You stepped the solo near perfectly. Honestly if you redid the 260bpm section a little bit to make it a little more fitting this file would be almost perfect.

Difficulty wise its not quite difficult enough for me to really enjoy playing it too much, I feel like I'd go for the AAA and probably not play it much afterwards, but for newer and more amateur players this file would offer a lot of fun and some solid replay value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentLord View Post
Song: Pioneer
Artist: AKB48
Genre: JPop
Difficulty: 7.8 NPS --> 8 or so
Length: 2:29
Speed: 162 BPM
Style: 4key

I'd be thankful if someone could take a look at this file, and give me some comments on it. The file is mostly a mix of JS and normal stream.

DL: www.mediafire.com/download/l97r7gl61av4xc9/
First of all, there is no Jumpstream in this file to speak of, so I was a little mislead going into this. To clarify before I start I always review files by first opening them in Ddream, checking the sync and watching it scroll by, and then I play it before developing any final opinions on it.

This file was actually kind of fun, which I didn't expect considering how easy it is. I wouldn't replay it (mostly because of song choice and the fact that I got like 2 greats FC on sightread), but amateur players would definitely enjoy this file.

The main complaint I'm going to forward is that you stepped this like an index file but labeled it for 4key. There isn't a single hand in the whole file that I could remember, and the streams used really index based anchor patterns/trills.

The patterns are overall pretty solid, but a little too basic for most people to get a lot of replay value. Then there's the issue about layering being completely inconsistent across the board. You took some parts and added jumps to the vocals, only to completely throw it out the window a few bars later because some 16ths came in. Overall it didn't really feel like I was playing the song because there were so many pattern mismatches.

The guitar solo is the biggest blunder of this file. Your hold lengths make no sense and don't really add anything to the section. It is also severely mischarted: some of the rythms are pretty incorrect.

Hopefully this feedback helps (both of you). I had some free time this morning and decided to do this.
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote