Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnicol View Post
Appreciate it, bro!

My flat bench was stuck on ~225-235 for 3 (5 on a good day) just a few months back. During my recent cut (started in early March), I watched some powerlifting videos and took up their form (mainly the back arch and slightly closer grip). While losing weight, my bench went up to 275x3 in 3 months. If you don't already do so, I highly recommend it.

Similar story for inclines...by the end of my cut, I was hitting 205x6 on incline bench, but was too afraid of upping the weights. Finally decided to man up and now made it to the 2-plate club

You are an absolute animal, dude! Just out of curiosity, what're your squat/DL/OHP like?
I already arch my back slightly and take a slightly closer grip, mostly because I like the feel it gives me with the slightly closer grip. Further apart feels like shit.

What I'm not interested in using, however, is leg drive. I never use it and think it's stupid from a bodybuilding side. It makes the lift a ton easier but takes the tension off muscles I'm interested in.

http://forums.blackstonelabs.co/show...?1173-Who-Am-I

You guys see that? lol