View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #96
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Default Re: DP/RATO move to tokens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Pushing the limit beyond what is comfortable is the essence of improving... in anything.

You can sustain injuries at song levels much below 95. It doesn't matter how hard something is. Your body usually gives warning signs before a repetitive stress injury, and if you heed them and take breaks when necessary, you can avoid injury. This has little to do with certain difficulty. I got minor tendinitis from playing nonstop when I was only playing files around difficulty 75. I could've avoided it, and there were signs, but I didn't.

I don't think this is a good argument and I don't much like the idea of the token ranks as being some sort of trash can to shove away all "those files nobody wants to have to play".
I completely understand what your saying and it is a very good point. It's just there is a clear human barrier that starts to arise as you reach level 95. I mean even dossar has to constantly shake his hands when playing these songs and you can see it puts a ton of stress on him. I love the idea of breaking barriers but there comes a point when there really is a limit. Not to say that it can't be pushed and someone great can't surpass them. When that day comes maybe it would make more sense but right now I don't see anybody moving their hands fast enough without acquiring injury. I mean when the limit appears to be ready for these kind of files sure, but right now it seems unnecessary. To say rsi injuries have little to do with difficulty is a pretty big exaggeration as well, you DEFINITELY have to be careful to make sure your form is right and you have to take breaks when your body tells you the higher in difficulty you go. I mean everybody is different so the standards aren't the same. I just think it makes more sense as a token, it's not like trashing them, they are still there and people can still gawk at the scores you get, but only like 2-3 people can even take these songs semi seriously. To make them public for the whole community to have to play to improve their rank, yet 99.9 percent of them are mashing it and probably hurting themselves, yea it should probably be a token. I am definitely not saying you can't push the limits though, it's just a logical thing to do.