Old 06-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #13
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: Cyber Bullying in 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
So everyday we hear about people who are terrorized online for random reasons, but the people doing it are never punished because of their anonymity(whatever) online. It seems like people are starting to take it more and more seriously lately though, especially since a lot consider cyber bullying worse than real life bullying(which has pretty bad consequences nowadays in schools).

I'm wondering if in the next 10 years or so the government will develop someway to quickly find out the info on cyber harassers and punish them with jail time(if bad enough, which a lot of trolls are).

Do you think this is possible/what do you think about all of the people bit bin about cyber bullying. Personally I think kids should just develop some tough skin and suck it up, unless its actually starting to cause people to mess with the. In real life.

I had made enemies with a guy over the Internet one time and he actually found my address and called the police to my house on completely bullshit claims, but I couldn't really do anything about it because I didn't know the guys information.
The bold words are the words of a man who doesn't know/remember/care what it's like to be bullied. It's all the same, they've just gotten more sophisticated with how they're doing it. It's not just being shoved into lockers and having belongings snatched and held out of reach anymore.

Insert conspiracy guy meme here: What if the NSA's recently exposed spying was in fact a concerted effort to combat this form of harassment?
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote