View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
Zaevod
FFR Player

Default Of course you Need and...NEED ME [74 or 76]

I'm comparing it to these two other files because they are rated higher and because they exemplify the complexity that most files at this speed and level possess.

Let's start with Reality: it's 1:17 minutes long and is basically jumps and streams. Assuming that most people play spread on these files, both the jumps and streams tend to be well distributed across both hands, with very little sections concentrated on a single hand, which would be troublesome at 258 bpm. The streams are mostly roll-like patterns, too, with no trills or more complex patterns such as running men.

Rarity Attempts 400 Dresses is nearly twice as long as reality (2:33) but its difficulty is centered on a few sections rather than being more evenly distributed across the file. It is not as draining as reality, but has more complex patterns such as rolls followed by short trills. At this speed, the rolls can be very easily jumptrilled, which somewhat negates the extra complexity that would be added by them.

Of Course you Need Me is longer than both (2:48) and is filled with patterns that are heavy on one hand, unlike Reality. It has short trills and even running men in its streams, and the section filled with jumps near the end is longer and more tiring than the similar sections in reality. Overall, the file is far more complex and stamina draining, though, unlike reality, it doesn't have overly long streams, which would make the file a lot harder to PA. It doesn't have rolls like Rarity, but it does have 16th jumps tacked between other jumps, which have a similar effect. It's difficulty is also more evenly distributed than Rarity's and you don't get as much rest between tough patterns.

In the end, I perceive it as being harder than Rarity overall and more draining than Reality, though not as hard to PA. I believe 76 or even 77 would be much more fitting than a mere 74.

Last edited by Zaevod; 06-5-2013 at 11:21 AM..