Old 04-6-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: "Common Core" Math standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Just noticed that nowhere in the article does it note that schools who don't lower their standards will receive less funding/grants. Ctrl+F'ing the terms "money", "fund", "grants", etc brings up nothing for me. Based off the article alone it would seem that these are just minimum standards that are to be met, not standards that schools have to dumb themselves down to. Doss, is there any additional articles that would make your point in the OP more clear?
I should give some context -- on Friday (the day I posted this thread) I was interviewing my current Calculus teacher about how math is taught in public schools, and this is when he showed me the article from Education Reporter. Then he said that some other sources stated that these standards would allow schools to get federal grants, even if it worsened the standards in some states (and Massachusetts has been known to have good standards).
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote